Tuesday 19 February 2008

Eating before riding...

Tuesday 19 Feb 2008

I found out what it feels like to eat too much just before going out on the bike today! I had lunch on the way home from a meeting in Cricklewood and got home about 30 mins later. I am working with a guy in Canada at the moment, so I needed to talk to him later in the day - so I decided to kill a couple of hours by going out on the bike.

It was lovely, sunshine, not too cold, slight breeze, ideal conditions really. Loaded the bike up with Zym and set off. After about 2-3 miles I felt rubbish! I couldn't get comfortable and my lunch kept repeating on me! Sipping Zym just made me feel worse! Took me 10 miles before I started to feel ok!

I've also inherited the dreaded squeak from Paul! Paul's saddle squeaked the whole way to Chichester and back at the weekend - I don't know how he put up with it! Now my bike has an occaisional squeak, I think it may well be saddle related too. Though I can't quite pin-point it!

During my ride I even braved the heart of Harlow at school-run time - silly really, but it meant I could take the back roads from Harlow past the Dusty Miller, through High Wych, Allens Green and Spellbrook rather than the all too busy road from Harlow through Sawbridgeworth to Bishop's Stortford.

It was an enjoyable 30 mile ride, but I won't be eating so much before I go out on a ride again in the near future!

No comments: