Tuesday 12 February 2008

Floating on air :-)

Tuesday 12 Feb 2008

I'd read Simon's post on his blog about the difference in changing from his mountain bike to his road bike, I had expected it to feel better, I had not expected it to feel soooooooooooooo good!

OK so the Roubaix is half the weight of the old bike, I should have expected it to feel better than the hybrid bike, what I hadn't anticipated was how smooth the ride on the new bike would be. Nothing clonks, no thumb shifters (which to be honest have really started to affect my right hand), a gentle hum as it whistles along the road.

Having hardly slept last night thinking about getting out on the bike, I was like a kid at Chrsitmas! I think I took my excitment out with me onto the road - I just grinned at the ease of riding it and the speed I could do! I'll ride it slower and more sensibly tomorrow, but this morning I just had to play! It was cold and foggy, but that didn't matter. The ride flew by, hills were easier, 23 miles in an hour and a half :-)

You will also be pleased to know the pedals didn't fall off...

I can't wait to get out on Thursday morning - big grin :-)))

No comments: