Saturday 10 May 2008

Back out with Tim again...

It's a strange feeling getting up at 5:30am, having breakfast, and then rubbing suncream into your face and legs before the is really much sign of sun or heat! But the weather forecast for this weekend if for hot weather!

I need to be back home for 9:30am today as I need to take Joe to footy. Clare is taking Isobel to piano and ballet before she goes to the school to start painting faces at the May Fair. I'll be taking the kids along later after ballet...

Anyway, I set out at about ten past six with a plan of doing about 30 miles before meeting Tim at eight. I headed out up the A120 towards Standon, but took a right via Braughing before heading up along B roads to Hare Street, Barkway and Barley. A climb to Great Chiswell and a long gradual decent down into Wendens Loft.

It was only about 7:35 when I reached the old A11 and headed to Audley End House before turning back to Saffron Walden. It wast 7:45, so I headed out of Saffron Walden on a road I know has a couple of hills, turned round and did them again the other way! Arrived at Tim's after 30 miles at 8, he was just getting his bike out - perfect timing.

We headed out towards Thaxted, again this route is getting quite familiar. At Thaxted we turn right towards Stansted Mountfitchet. The road is quite hilly in places, again no long climbs, but some short sharp steep ones! My knees were hurting a bit so I had to take it easy for a bit slowing Tim down.

Up the hill in Stansted, past the end of the road where Clare and I used to live when we first moved to the area and on to Stortford. I sadisticly turn right up Lindsey Road (Stortford's equivalent to Jenner Road, and the up Cricketfield Lane, before heading home.

53 miles in just over 3 hourswith a bit of a stop at Tim's house. A good ride, though my knees are sore.

No comments: