Thursday 8 May 2008

My bike's in a mess!

After most of the day on London, I returned home early and phoned the workshop to find out if my bike was ready to pick up. It wasn't.

Five teeth, one on each of five rear cogs were damaged, in turn damaging the chain. Specialized don't sell spare spokes for my wheel, though they have offered to reaplce the wheel with a different one for free as the bike is less than two years old. Not too sure how to go about this - will investigate tomorrow.

Hopefully parts will arrive tomorrow and it'll all be fixed and cleaned so I can ride at the weekend.

So given that I've only done 20 miles this week so far I adjusted the height of the saddle, shifted it back a bit and set off about 6:35pm for a ride. I did the Dunmow, Rodings, Hatfield Heath, Harlow, home loop - about 36 miles and was home about 8:50pm. Not bad going on the heavy bike!

There was a time trial event on the B184 between Dunmow and Leaden Roding - they were going very fast! But fortunaltely in the opposite direction :-)

My left knee started to complain again after about 25 miles. Maybe more seat adjustment required, though I think it is just my joints grinding! So I've finally decided to start taking those tablets. I was a bit worried about the number of tables and the RDA doses on them, which is why I haven't taken them to date, but maybe the contents of some of them will help lubriate my joints!

Been trying to sort out rides with Tim for the weekend - we are a bit out of synch at the moment. Tim can do all day Saturday, I can't! I can do all day Sunday, Tim can't! Though I think we will be able to meet up both days for a few miles together!

Fingers crossed - the bike will be ok tomorrow, plan to do a few miles tomorrow night to make sure it's up to 50-60 miles on Saturday morning. I don't think Clare will want a repeat of last Sunday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, my name is Nick Thompson and i am the news reporter for the Dunmow Broadcast. I was wondering if this event had a charity link or are you training for something? please get in touch, my email is nick.thompson@archant.co.uk

Many Thanks