Wednesday 7 May 2008

Re-acquaintance...

After svereal months of riding on my new bike, I am back on the bike Laurence kindly leant to me at the start of my traininf for LEJOG.

Having got up at 5:45am, I was out of the house about 6:15am for a 20 mile loop before driving to Basildon by 9am.

An interesting start, clipped into one pedal, and failed to clip in to the other pedal and fell off sideways having done 2 yards! I got back on and cycled up the road in the lowest gear, trying to change up a gear had no effect. 20 yards gone, off the bike to inspect! The gear cable was loose, after a little adjustment it started working again :-)

Off we go! I stick to the the standard training circuit this morning - not got time to think about doing anything else. It was interesting doing the ride on the heavier bike, made me realise just how much easier things are on the Roubaix. Though the advantage of a heavier bike is that you have more momentum after going down hill!

The saddle feels a bit lower and further forward and the riding position is more upright than I've got used to. I guess a combination of these factors conbrituted to my left knee complaining a bit. Hopefully this is not a long term problem! I will adjust the saddle before going out again tomorrow morning.

20 miles done in about an hour, so I'm quite pleased to have done some miles with the Roubaix in the workshop again...

No comments: