Saturday 17 May 2008

Training Ride - Day 2 - Guildford, Brighton, Portsmouth, Guildford

Up at 6am for breakfast. Get my kit on and just after Paul arrives, I take my bike out for a little ride up and down the road. My knee is still a little sore, and it feels tight. After a lot of deliberation, I finally decide not to ride today. 150 miles with a dodgy knee doesn't sound fun for me or fair for the others.

Simon is also suffering today with a red-raw bum! He's changed and ready to go, but as Paul, Iain and Rich head off, Simon decides that it isn't in his bums best interests to cycle again today!

After the boys have gone, I have a cup of tea and a chat to Jules. After getting changed, Jules gives me a lift home, 90 miles to Bishops Stortford - thanks Jules! So today, I get to spend an unexpected day with the family, and watch the FA Cup Final. But I spend most of the day wishing I was on the bike!

Exchanged texts with Iain when they were at lunch in Portsmouth - the had made good time - I hope the rest of their ride was good and I wish them luck tomorrow! They are doing another 120 miles tomorrow. I will sit it out on the sofa...

No comments: