Friday 9 May 2008

It's not that bad...

Picked my bike up this afternoon. The rear cogs were not damaged, they they are just designed that way to help pick up the chain changing gear. The shop have managed to find a spoke that they could fit to the bike, but they recommended that I get in touch with specialized about getting a replacement wheel. I'll do that tomorrow.

Took the bike for a short 18 mile ride just to get some confidence in the bike before I go out tomorrow morning. Did the 18 miles in less than an hour, so an average speed of over 18 mph.

Looking forward to the ride tomorroe, though I need to be back home between 9-9:30am, so I'm hoping to do about 50 miles to add to the 74 miles done som far this week. That leaves me planning to do a 100+ mile ride on Sunday...

No comments: